Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More thoughtlife.

I had lunch today with a Clay Ross, pastor of Grassroots church that meets in the city auditorium downtown.
I honestly didn't know what to expect.

I've never had a pastor ask to have coffee with me, especially since I've only been to Grassroots once.
It's usually me, asking the pastor to coffee, over some life situation like trying to decide if I should've done YWAM or not. You know, something big.
But this was more casual than that. This was more like, "hey, I want to get to know you."
And even though there was little on my end, at least I felt like, I really enjoyed listening to him talk about life and people he knows, and learn about all the areas of influence grassroots has its hands on.

I really like that they're downtown.
I really like that their focus is downtown.
I really like they have a heart for trafficking, for the homeless, and in general, a heart for people.

And I see that in Clay.

Maybe that's why I enjoyed listening to him so much, cause from the sound of it, me and him might have more in common than I originally thought.

People are on the mind.

So we'll see what happens. I would love to get involved and just jump in, somewhere. Anywhere.

I'm ready to move on. I'm ready to walk through the next door. At least I think I'm ready.
I am, at best, increasingly hasty. I live that way.
I like to make quick decisions, and then change my mind.
And with big decisions, I make them. And doubt, and doubt, and doubt.

At this point, I'm ready to do something besides work, sleep, and play Call of Duty. Cause this life is dull.

I'm ready for adventure again. For something new. Something involving pioneering. Something with Germany.
I think people at this point want me to get over it.
I've had people tell me to get over it.

But I can't.
No matter how hard I try.
Maybe it's cause I know that I'm going back?

Well.
Then.

No comments:

Post a Comment