Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chapters

Turning pages. Again.

I was in church yesterday, consumed with thoughts of going back to Germany.
The "Whens, Hows, and Whys" flooded my mind. So many questions about support, about timing, about anything and everything.

I question myself about putting my hope in something that is not God, and if my intentions are of my flesh, or of a divine desire downloaded into me about something beyond me own mind's eye.

So this blog is announcement. This page turns, and I must communicate what I am choosing to walk in and move into.
Because I know for a fact that its something bigger than me. I know its more than a simple desire to travel across the pond to a distant land that makes my heart come alive. There is something bigger than me out there.

And the nations, Oh the Nations! They are groaning for a Bringer of Life, which is not me, but like John the Baptist, I am preparing the road in the desert. I am called to make paths straight and new again.

I could talk about Germany for hours. Days, even.
And being away from there, feels like I'm missing half of a vital organ, or a whole limb. My body and soul don't know how to operate when I'm not there, among the history that changed the world, among the trees and bridges, among the trains, among the heart break, among the culture, and among a people for which my heart wrought itself open.

And now, the time has come to revisit the things the Lord has spoken. To relearn His love for a country, not my own. To rediscover His affections for me. To remember and to relive.

With prayer and support from others, I am overjoyed to say that I am going to start the process to make a return to Berlin in July, to staff with YWAM and minister love to the people of Berlin.

I will keep updating this blog. And keep everyone posted through here, facebook, twitter and email.
You all stir my affections for Christ, and I am so thankful for the support I've gathered from everyone around me.
Without you, these desires would only be desires, instead of movements and actions.

To Christ, be all glory and honor, and praise. Forever, and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment